Monday, April 12, 2010

Early bird...



I have walked almost every morning for the past week or so. My new routine; leap out of bed, take dogs outside to do thier thing. Give them all a treat and leave them snoozing by the woodstove while I walk. My hair is all wild and I am wearing clothes I would not so much love to be seen in public in, but off I go. I started this out by waking 7 1/2 miniutes, then turning around, so that I did a 15 miniute walk. After two days of that I started going one more light pole than I did the day before. This morning I told myself I didn't have to walk very far, because I am going to do strenuous yard work later in the day. But the air was so cold and crisp, and the brooks were singing so sweetly, and the birds were so enjoyable to see that I walked much further than I have been going. Happily.

AND... I have not had any sugar since Tuesday. Except the after dinner mint I popped into my mouth without thinking. Several moments later, while it was still dancing on my tounge I realized what I had done. I am turning into an avid lable reader... do you realize how hard it is to find bread or cereal that does not contain sugar? Yikes.


And I am writing down the following goal, because I read today, "Goals that are not written are still dreams." I want to lose 40 pounds by August. There. I wrote it.
Now I need to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment