Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Time and spring and such...



In my normal "be fit" pattern, I have SLACKED off. My last post here was in January, and though I have incorporated a bit more physical activity into my life, and have backed off a wee bit on eating, I have not achieved any real measure of success.

This photo was taken yesterday. My face looks thinner, (my mare does, too!) This thinner face looking back at me, combined with the softer days as winter in New England loses its grip, has me flooded with enthusiasm.

I have walked 15 miniutes each morning for 5 days. Today I didn't want to stop at 15 miniutes ! I passed the bushes with the swelling buds, heard the babble of the brook that runs along the road, basked in birdsong. I wanted to keep walking. In just 5 days my breath is less ragged as I stride along, and it feels less like WORK. More pleasurable.

My goal is to be more fit for riding adventures this season. Isn't my fuzzy horse the cutest?

No comments:

Post a Comment