Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Adding exercise...



It is very cold out. Freeze off appendages cold. So, I am trying to up my exercise in short spells, so I don't turn into a human-sicle. For instance, instead of driving right up to the barn to feed the horses a lunch time snack, I parked at the end of the very long driveway, and walked as fast as I could to the paddock. Got my heart rate up, but wasn't out long enough to lose important body parts to the cold. Later I cleaned out the chicken coop. That might not SEEM like exercise, but it is. Hauling shavings and tools, sweeping, shoveling, scraping, back and forth the the garage to get fresh food and water. So... far from any sort of traditional work out, but moving none the less. I am being much more conscious of what and when I eat. No movement on the scale today, but I am hopeful for what the coming days will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment