Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 3, Yippee!


It is cold, (25) with a wicked wind blowing new snow. I grabbed my camera and went for a walk. I wore heavy winter boots, to maneuver over the snowy, icy road. I learned that boots are not the best exercise footwear, but still, I got out and got my heart rate up. I only walked about 20 minutes, but that, I say, is better than nothing. I spotted a fluffy Robin in a crab apple. I bet he is wishing he headed south.
The scale reported another pound lost today. GOOD scale! I was pleased with my efforts yesterday:
Breakfast-
cider
kashi bar
Lunch-
Poached egg on toast
Snack-
small ice cream cone
Supper-
(appetizer 4 sinful Ritz crackers with cream cheese!)
lean steak
rice pilaf
asparagus
squash
dessert-
apple turnover
Not exactly diet food, any of it, but controlled portions and not much in the way of in between meal snacking. I am pretty sure it is the in between stuff that is my downfall. I am noticing that I crave "a little something" often during the day, but eat rather little at actual meal time. I am retraining myself! As I type this it is 10:30 AM and I would very much like some lunch. The bowl of cereal I had for breakfast left me wanting more. But, I can wait... because I am going to be more fit by 50!

1 comment: