Sunday, December 27, 2009

The adventure begins!

I woke up before dawn, excited to begin this new adventure. I don't have any set plan, rather I am winging it a bit. I decided to roll several other things into my adventure . Things that will help me feel positive and proactive. Here is the short list:
1. Wear make up daily. I feel better when I do, but am often too lazy. It takes mere moments to swipe on some mascara and put on base and blush. I am worth a few moments!
2. I am going to weigh in daily. When I hopped on the digital scale this morning it said I weighed 0.0! A miracle! Or, I need a new battery for the scale. I'll pick one up today.
3. I am going to be more mindful of what goes in my mouth. I am going to pay SOME attention to calories. Every morning I eat a Kashi breakfast bar. I love them, they are full of nuts and whole grains and they are quite healthy. But I normally stuff, chew and swallow so fast that my brain does not even register that I have eaten. I am going to be mindful of eating that bar from now on. Taste it, enjoy it, savor it. Same goes for whatever else I eat. No eating on the run, I plan to make meals count.
4. I will continue my morning habit of drinking a cup of hot apple cider with 2 tsp. of Bragg's vinegar. I have been drinking the Bragg's in tea or cider almost every day for the last 11 months. I am a bit of a zealot about the stuff. It has vastly improved my skin, makes my aging knees feel like they are not aging, and I have not had a cold since I started taking it. My entire life I have gotten 3 or more bad colds per year. When the cold runs it course I almost always end up with a nasty sinus infection that hangs on and on, making me feel miserable for weeks. I am not sure why the Bragg's works, but it does!

So, today's breakfast was a Kashi bar, 148 calories and a cup of cider, about 150 calories (that is what apple juice would be. I couldn't find a calorie count for cider.) I plan to have some fruit mid morning when I get the munchies. Stay tuned for the next post to see what I cooked up for exercise today and other notes on the "More fit at 50" campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment