Tuesday, January 12, 2010

YES!



YES! After several discouraging days, the scale settled in on 4.8 lbs. lost. It has been a maddening up and down affair, but I feel the difference in my clothes and how my rings fit, so I am claiming those first pounds to be GONE. Buh-bye!

I am finding some coping tricks that seem to be helping me:
1. Hot tea- I like herbal tea, it comes in a zillion flavors, and it takes me a long time to sip a cup. When I am done I feel more satisfied and fuller. Not as satisfied as if I'd eaten a plate of cookies, but not bad!
2. Brushing my teeth immediately after eating. When I was a kid my mom baked a dessert for us most nights. Even then, it was the highlight of my day! Definitely a foreshadowing of things to come. Anyway, as soon as I finish any meal, and yes, I mean breakfast and lunch, too, I want something sweet. I discovered that if I brush right after I eat, that sweet craving dissipates. Very interesting.
3. Indulging in a little harmless fantasy... what would it be like to buy clothes because I LIKE them, and not JUST because they FIT? Oh... I'd like to find out!

1 comment:

  1. Daryl,
    Very good ideas! BUT, don't weigh everyday, and beat yourself up over it. Try making a monthly chart to track your weigh over a longer period of time. You will see several "ups and downs", but the final weight at the end should be lower. Daily weight varies are normal! You weigh more after that cup of tea than before(8oz), more in the morning than in the evening, etc. Hope this helps creat a more positive outlook on those daily weight curves.

    ReplyDelete